Operations Director, Norfolk, Va.
UPIC Health seeks an experienced call center professional to serve as Director of Operations in our Norfolk location. This is a senior level role with the potential to grow to VP-Operations within 12-18 months for the exceptional contributor.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing front-line operations in a growing startup with BIG PLANS. If you are a seasoned contact center professional who is looking to make your mark and grow with a business process outsourcer in Women’s Health, whose business model is based on a foundation of empathy and compassion as a key part of our service, you’ve come to the right place.
The right candidate will be responsible for day to day interactions and business processes related to the program, developing strategies and work with client leadership. In this role, you will have an opportunity to manage a wide variety of inbound and outbound Medical Communications on behalf of some of the most recognized providers in the world. The Operations Director is responsible for the management and development of supervisors and all other operational management associated with day to day contact center operations. Operationally, the Director is responsible for the development and implementation of all operational strategy that ensures performance, culture and overarching contact center controls and processes are aligned with corporate and client objectives. This role works closely with company leadership (reporting to CEO/Founder) and requires a high degree of initiative, sound judgment, and leadership.
Specifically, each day this team member will:
- Oversee the call center operation including operations supervisor and support roles.
- Oversee quality, production, and hours. Currently the Communications Center operations Monday – Saturday/Closed Sundays and major holidays. Potential to expand 24/7/365 is predicated on client requirements.
- Implement strategic plans, ensuring they are in alignment with corporate objectives
- Manage metrics, performance criteria, policies and procedures to continuously improve call center productivity and accountability with a culture of inclusiveness.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals and objectives accordingly
- Review and provide guidelines and best practices for maintaining a competitive edge
- Develop and maintain strategy on ensuring patient comfort, safety, and care in every communication with UPIC Staff.
- Analyze and respond to changing market conditions, to include competitive benchmarking
- Analyze trends which include producing statistical reports on individual performance
- Provide team motivation and development consistent with the culture of high support and personal accountability.
- Be accountable for the overall performance and productivity of Supervisors
- Conduct weekly payroll review and submission to ensure correct entries
- Manage all building maintenance and security
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate for this role will share and understand our high-growth objectives. This position requires an advanced degree of leadership, creative thinking, and dedication to people. The ability to professionally represent the company internally and when client facing is a must. The right candidate will exhibit good business judgment and acumen and be both confident and flexible in their views. Ideally, this candidate will have experience in the healthcare field and possess:
- An ability to work with multiple business units to acquire operational knowledge and execute on departmental initiatives.
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong supervisory experience including staff development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales through the actions of others
- An understanding of call center tools and technology used to manage KPIs and SLAs
- Effective conflict resolution skills (both customer and agent conflict)
- Time management, planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to learn new products and systems
- Ability to work in a professional fast-paced environment
Compensation for this senior position is commensurate with experience with a range of $110,000-$130,000. In addition to competitive salary, medical/dental, and vision and paid time off/sick time. This position may be eligible for performance-based bonus as the business continues to flourish.
About UPIC Health
We believe innovation comes from within. We are 100 percent woman-owned and employ more than 80 women offering innovative work schedules, empathetic business processes, and benefits such as paid volunteer services days and education reimbursements.
UPIC Health, LLC is mid-size, privately-held company with operations in Washington D.C., Chantilly, Va., and Norfolk, Va. Empathy is part of our DNA and the foundation of our core values. Our motto is Be Happy. Be Awesome. Help others with 1 & 2. UPIC Health does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.