Senior Operations Manager, Norfolk, Va.
UPIC Health seeks an experienced professional to serve as Senior Operations Director in our Norfolk, Va., location.
The Senior Operations Manager – Compliance, Quality Assurance, & Training position is accountable for UPICHealth’s compliance, quality standards, and training programs in support of our service delivery model.
As a member of the healthcare leadership team, they will develop and manage programs which audits, analyzes, reports, and ultimately trains people in support of our day-to-day operations. This leader will be critical to the development of our quality standards program, our training activities in support of our operations, and a crucial component of our regulatory compliance arm.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have driven quality and productivity, to assure both accuracy and timeliness of operations. That they have developed, maintained, and deployed training for all employees, contractors, and affiliates of a healthcare environment. The incumbent will specifically focus on adherence to development of and adherence to all UPICHealth’s policies and procedures while maintaining strict oversight of internal and external requirements. This will be done through designed process audits, written reports, and analysis of the reports as needed. Work products and outputs will include detailed audits and reports to identify process and quality deficiencies, analysis and recommended plans of actions to improve audited processes, as well as to prescribe training needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Own, develop, and maintain UPICHealth’s Compliance, Training, and Quality Assurance Programs
- Complete and/or delegate the completion of audit analysis and reports at the individual, department and division level based on defined position pathways and individual/department performance and quality metrics.
- Identify specific individual and department training needs and opportunities for performance improvement through a defined audit analysis program and assist in ongoing process improvement opportunities through audit analysis.
- Audit work completed during the execution of all processes driving service delivery impacting the day-to-day operations at UPIC Health.
- Manage development and implementation of education programs based on identified quality or productivity issues.
- Provide follow up review of policy changes and implementation of those changes into audit process and reporting.
- Maintain current knowledge of Medical third party payers, as well as local, state, and federal laws impacting UPIC’s Business.
- Lead internal and external compliance audits, account reviews on an as-needed basis. Maintaining a record of such audits, reporting findings to UPIC’s executive management.
- Partnering with operations leadership, engage in process improvement activities to improve quality and performance through process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality.
- Performs other duties, as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Demonstrate excellence as an operational leader in a healthcare contact center environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- Understanding of CPT/ASA, ICD-9/10, and HCPCS coding
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Workers Compensation guidelines and requirement
- In-depth knowledge of patient accounting systems and report writing
- In-depth knowledge of Behavioral Health, Palliative Care, and Family Planning Revenue Cycle Management
- Detailed audit approach and methods for testing accuracy and compliance to defined billing guidelines
- Analytical skills to summarize audit findings into statistically meaningful reports
- Ability to work effectively and independently with staff, physicians, and external customers
- Must have strong keyboard skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a pleasant disposition and high tolerance level for diverse views, varied skill levels, and positions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully present information to large groups of people
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or health related field is preferred.
- Must have minimum of 2 years billing or collections experience in the healthcare field.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience working in a contact or call center
- Master’s Degree in Business, Healthcare, and/or Public Administration
- Membership: HFMA, ACHE, MGMA, and/or NASP
We believe innovation comes from within. We are 100 percent woman-owned and employ more than 80 women offering innovative work schedules, empathetic business processes, and benefits such as paid volunteer services days, time off to vote, and education reimbursements.
UPIC Health, LLC is mid-size, privately-held company with operations in Chantilly and Norfolk, Va. Empathy is part of our DNA and the foundation of our core values. Our motto is Be Happy. Be Awesome. Help others with 1 & 2. UPIC Health does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.